I am always looking for something sweet and yummy to try! I absolutely love nuts, caramel and chocolate, so when I found this recipe for these super simple Nut Clusters I couldn’t resist! They look heavenly and only a small indulgence 😉
Here’s the recipe from Cooking And Beer.
Chocolate & Caramel Nut Clusters
- 1 cup raw and unsalted almonds
- 1 cup raw and unsalted cashews
- 1 cup caramel treat
- 12 ounces milk chocolate chips
- 1 tablespoons coarse sea salt
- In a small bowl, toss the almonds and cashews together.
- On a large baking sheet (lined with parchment paper) make small mounds of the almond and cashews in small clumps. Form 12 clumps with the nuts. Set aside.
- In a medium, microwave-safe bowl, add the caramel. Microwave for 2 minutes, and then give it a good stir. Microwave for an additional 1 minute, again giving it a good stir afterwards until melted completely. Using a small spoon, dollop about a tablespoon of the caramel on top of each clump of nuts, attempting to cover at least a small part of every nut. The caramel will act like a glue to hold the nuts together. Place the baking sheet in the freezer for 5 minutes while you melt the chocolate.
- In a medium, microwave-safe bowl, add the milk chocolate chips. Microwave in 30 second increments, stirring after each, until the chocolate is completely melted.
- Remove the baking sheet from the freezer, and dollop tablespoon-sized amounts of the chocolate onto each cluster, smoothing out where necessary with the back of the spoon. Immediately following each dollop of chocolate, sprinkle on the coarse sea salt.
- Place the baking sheet back in the freezer for 30 minutes or until the chocolate has set.